You’ve probably read about the copyright controversy surrounding Zhang Ling’s recent novel Gold Mountain Blues (here’s a summary by Quill & Quire).
In case you’d like to read the books and judge for yourself, Laidlaw Library now has all the books in question. (We recently purchased Gold Mountain Blues and the two Paul Yee books, and we already had the others.)
- Gold Mountain Blues by Zhang Ling
- The Jade Peony by Wayson Choy
- Disappearing Moon Cafe by Sky Lee
- The Bone Collector’s Son by Paul Yee
- Tales from Gold Mountain by Paul Yee
- The Concubine’s Children by Denise Chong